Job Code: 21/02/16/en
Job offer from February 16, 2021
The Max Planck Institute of Biophysics is a leading international research institute that uses biophysical, biochemical and computational methods to investigate the structure, dynamics and function of cellular systems at the molecular scale. It consists of four scientific departments, multiple research groups and scientific core facilities with about 200 employees from more than 25 countries.
The lab of “Structure and Dynamics of Chromosomes” led by Eugene Kim is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Research Technician (m/f/d).
The candidate will strengthen the biochemistry part of our interdisciplinary group, with an aim of uncovering principles of chromatin organization and its functional role at the single molecule level.
The candidate will work closely with colleagues coming from diverse backgrounds to help design, conduct experiments and carry out research projects. You will help purify DNA and protein samples for a broad range of biophysical techniques like cryo EM, cryo electron tomography, and single molecule imaging. You will perform biochemical analysis of DNA/protein interactions as complementary approaches to the single molecule methods.
Experience with and knowledge of molecular biological techniques, such as molecular cloning, protein expression and purification are required for this position. Experience with biochemical assays to study DNA/protein interactions and knowledge in chromatin biology are a plus.
- Synthesis of DNA constructs for single molecule assays
- Cloning, protein purification (in E.coli and in yeast) and labeling
- Biochemical analysis of DNA and proteins
- Operating and maintaining lab equipment
- Ordering inventory
- BSc or in biochemistry, molecular biology, biomedical science, or equivalent
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology and biochemistry techniques
- Extensive knowledge of protein biochemistry and cell biology
- Independent, well-organized and reliable work style
- Communicative and interested in the interdisciplinary field thereby contributing to an open and interactive lab culture
- Good English and German communication skills
- IT skills (MS Office)
To apply, please send a cover letter (one page maximum), a curriculum vitae, and the contact details of 2 to 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org until March 7, 2021.
The salary is in accordance with the German federal public service salary scale (TVöD) up to E09B. The position will be available starting from the 1st July 2021 and will be initially limited for 2 years with the possibility of an extension.
Do you have any further questions regarding this position? Please contact email@example.com.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society aims to employ more disabled people. Applications from disabled persons are therefore expressly encouraged.
Max Planck Institute of Biophysics
60438 Frankfurt am Main