Office for Research Support
Attracting research funding is one of the key measures on the road to academic independence and success.
The Max Planck Institute of Biophysics' Office for Research Support is active in the acquisition and management of projects funded by national and international funding organisations.
The Office for Research Support team provides support during the entire project cycle; services include, but are not limited to:
- Information on open calls
- Individual consulting (strategic consulting, proofreading and editing of proposals)
- Proposal coordination (for large projects only: planning, writing, editing, layout)
- Supporting contract negotiations with the funding agency
- Administrative management (financial controlling, contract management)
There are plenty of options as a postdoc to apply for national and international research grants and scholarships depending on your career level, and in many cases also from the prospective fellows' home country. The list of funding opportunities below is not exhaustive but should give you a general overview of what is available.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie (European Commission)
- EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowship (EMBO)
- Humboldt Research Fellowships for Postdoctoral Researchers (Alexander von Humboldt Foundation)
- Humboldt Research Fellowships for Experienced Researchers (Alexander von Humboldt Foundation)
- Lise Meitner Excellence Program – only female scientists
- Young Investigator Grant (Schering Foundation and Fritz Thyssen Foundation)
- Branco Weiss Fellowship (Society in Science)
- Stipendienprogramm für Postdoktoranden (Daimler und Benz Stiftung)
- Walter Benjamin Programme (DFG)
Please find a list of projects, which are currently funded at the Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, here.