Visa and Resident Permit

A valid passport is necessary when coming to Germany. For most EU citizens an ID card stating citizenship is sufficient. Depending on your citizenship, you may need to obtain a visa before coming to Germany. Even if you are a citizen from a country that allows applying for a visa after your arrival in Germany, it makes everything much easier to have your visa before your departure to Germany.

The website of the Federal Foreign Office provides information where to apply for a visa (usually a German embassy in your home country) and what document are required. Though a visa might sometimes be issued as fast as within two weeks, we strongly recommend applying two months in advance. Please note that you will be asked to provide the address of where you will be staying in Germany for this matter.

If you will be staying at the Guesthouse, your address is: Max-von-Laue-Str. 5, 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.


Useful Links:

Working in Germany: the official website for qualified professionals (The Federal Government):

Federal Foreign Office:

Immigration Office of the City of Frankfurt (Homepage only available in German, please see the English FAQs):

Go to Editor View